Sean MacGillis began his career in corporate development for a Canadian issuer that was ultimately sold for ~$500 million. Following the sale, Sean joined Haywood Securities in 2016 and currently serves as Managing Director, Investment Banking focusing on growth-oriented issuers and special situations.
In his role, he has advised on +$4 billion of M&A and led/been involved in aggregate financing activity of +$1.5 billion. Sean holds a Bachelor of Applied Science, Engineering degree from Queen’s University in Kingston.
Selected transactions as Managing Director, Investment Banking include:
- Advisor to Leaf Mobile on its $160 million acquisition of Eastside Games and concurrent $23 million financing (gaming)
- Advisor to Harvest Health in their $2.1 billion acquisition by Trulieve (cannabis)
- Advisor to Terrascend in their $545 million acquisition of Gage Cannabis (cannabis)
- Advisor to WonderFi in their $206 million acquisition of BitBuy and Co-Manager of their $55 million concurrent financing (crypto)
- Advisor to Enthusiast Gaming on their $235 million combination with Luminosity and GameCo and Co-Manager on their concurrent $10 million financing (esports)