Haywood is currently recruiting for an Associate/Vice President, depending on the successful candidate’s applicable experience, to join its Energy Investment Banking team based out of Calgary. Reporting directly to the Head of Energy Investment Banking, candidates located in either Calgary or Vancouver will be considered. The team services the full spectrum of energy companies, through both private and public financings, merger and acquisitions advisory, and valuation services. The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities, excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office, basic knowledge of the industry, and excellent communication skills. The position will appeal to highly motivated individuals that are interested in pursuing an investment banking career in an entrepreneurial working environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of financial models relating to merger and acquisition transactions, asset valuations and capital raises,
- Analysis of financial, industry, and market data,
- Preparation of presentation material for clients regarding the raising of capital or merger and acquisition opportunities,
- Attending meetings with clients both independently and alongside senior staff,
- Performing specific company and industry research,
- Liaising with various departments across the firm,
- Assuming entire accountability for multifaceted aspects of investment banking deal processes, from authoring applicable binding documentation to communicating with clients.